Kuck Immigration Partners LLC
Have a Question? E-mail Managing Partner Charles Kuck HERE.
USCIS Releases Tips on Filing I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker - USCIS released a Q&A on ways to ensure that an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker will not be rejected.
USCIS Issues Controversial Memo on Determining Employer-Employee Relationships for Adjudication of H-1B Petitions - The memo states that a lack of guidance clearly defining what constitutes a valid employer-employee relationship has raised problems.
USCIS Is Reissuing Advance Parole Documents To Correct Date - is USCIS is reissuing Advance Parole documents because some were mailed to applicants with an incorrect issue date; all advance parole documents continue to be valid because the expiration dates remain accurate.
SSA Fails To Verify 19 Percent of New Hires - The SSA also improperly E-Verified volunteers who should not have been screened under federal guidelines, and inappropriately screened some candidates in advance of hire.
5. DHS Grants TPS to Haitians Following Catastrophic Earthquake - The Obama administration announced that it is granting temporary protected status to Haitians who were in the U.S. as of January 12, 2010.
6. USCIS Announces Restructuring of Fraud Detection, Customer Service, Domestic Operations - USCIS has created or restructured several directorates.
7. DHS Adds 11 Countries to Designated List for Participation in H-2A, H-2B Programs - DHS has designated 39 countries whose nationals are eligible to participate in the H-2A and H-2B nonimmigrant programs.
8. DOL Releases List of Important E-Mail Addresses - The e-mail addresses pertain to PERM system, labor condition application and prevailing wage, and H-2A/H-2B issues.
9. ICE Updates List of SEVP-Approved Schools - ICE released an updated list of schools approved under the Student and Exchange Visitor Program.
10. AAO Processing Times Released - The chart shows Administrative Appeals Office processing times by case type.
11. USCIS Issues Q&A on Filing Instructions for E-2 CNMI Investors - The E-2 CNMI investor rule has not been finalized, so USCIS is not yet accepting petitions.
12. USCIS Grants One-Time Accommodation for H-2A Sheepherders - USCIS will allow H-2A sheepherders more time to fully transition to the three-year limitation of stay requirements under the agency's final rule.
13. Global: UK Identity Cards for Foreign Nationals - The credit card-sized ICFN is designed to be carried with the migrant at all times.
Also in this issue:
Charles Kuck on CNN!
New Publications and Items of Interest
Government Agency Links
This e-mail does not constitute direct legal advice and is for informational purposes only. The information provided should never replace informed counsel when specific immigration-related guidance is needed.
Copyright © 2010 Kuck Immigration Partners. All rights reserved.
Return to top